Mission Statement and Purpose
Established in 1989, Sheffield's was the first education foundation in the Shoals area. By providing additional funds to teachers for special projects and programs, the Foundation supports and enhances academic excellence in the Sheffield City School District. Each year, the Foundation recognizes honor roll students and presents community-based scholarships to graduating seniors.
The annual production of "Sheffield Sings" is the Foundation's major fund-raising event. Each May a fun-filled night of entertainment is provided for the Sheffield community. Audiences love this extremely popular variety show which provides a special evening of fun and entertainment for folks of all ages!
All proceeds support the Foundation's mission: to generate and distribute resources to Sheffield City Schools. These resources will be used to enrich, maintain, and expand programs needed to meet the District's stated mission of excellence in education.
Sheffield Education Foundation Board Members
Mr. Ronnie Wicks SEF President Mrs. Titian Scales SEF Vice President Dr. Keith Davis
Superintendent of Education
Ms. Valerie Wesson Board Member Mrs. Amanda Baker Board Member Mrs. Christy Casiday Board Member Dr. Joe Cooney Board Member Mr. Scott Holcomb Board Member Mr. Tommy Jones Board Member Mr. Clayton Kelly Board Member Mrs. Kathy Williamson Board Member Mrs. Nancy Sanford Board Member Mrs. Brenda Wright
Mrs. Traci Singh Board Member
Sheffield Education Foundation News
The Sheffield Education Foundation (SEF) continues to look for more ways to build funds to help the students and teachers in Sheffield. All monies collected by the SEF directly benefit the programs and activities in Sheffield City Schools. Here are two NEW ways to help:
· Publix Partners - Pick up a key card at any of our Sheffield schools and present it to the cashier when you shop at Publix. Each purchase helps us earn donated funds from Publix. While you’re at it, get extras for your family and friends, too. Publix locations in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina are a part of this program.
· Power Up! – Consider adding a small donation to your utility bill each month. Beginning in September, Sheffield Utilities will be accepting donations for SEF – conveniently gathered with your monthly payment. You can sign up at the Sheffield Utilities office on Nashville Avenue or pick up a form at the Sheffield Board of Education.
Thank you for your continued support!
The link is below for the Power Up Form:
Registry of Honor
Education Foundation Programs
Alumni and Friends
The purpose of the Alumni and Friends Association is to provide a forum by which members can actively participate in school system activities both academically and financially and remain informed regarding current programs and events:
- Annual Membership $25.00
- Annual Sustaining Membership $50.00
- Annual Benefactor Membership $100.00
- Annual Patron Membership $250.00
- Life Membership $500.00
- Life Membership Installment ($100 a year for five years)
Legacy Giving Program
You are invited to put the Sheffield Education Foundation in your will or you may wish to give to the Trust to lessen your tax obligation (please consult your attorney or tax advisor). All of the bequeaths willed or given to the Education Foundation will go into a trust fund.
Memorial and Honorarium Contributions
A contribution to the Foundation can be placed as a memorial or honorarium of a loved one, teacher, classmate, or special individual. An acknowledgment will be mailed to the individual or family in recognition of your gift.
2018 CORPORATE SPONSORS